Our Licensing Options
The advanced network licensing solutions are available for BioNumerics, GelCompar II, GeneMaths XT, and Kodon.
Our new network licensing solution is compatible with any network in combination with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. The communication is based on HTTP (BioNumerics and GelCompar II) or a TCP/IP port of choice (GeneMaths XT or Kodon). The server may be any Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer in the network or a server computer running Windows Server 2003 or 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit), and the clients, running the software, are all computers within the same Domain.
The server computer, which has the security key inserted, runs the Netkey+ server program (BioNumerics and GelCompar II) or the Netkey server program (GeneMaths XT and Kodon), which manages the network licenses. All computers connected to the network can have the application software installed, but only the number allowed by the license limit is able to run the software simultaneously. If the license limit is reached, a license becomes available as soon as the application is closed on one computer.
- License grants: Each computer in the network can be granted or refused access to the application software by the server program. The server can disconnect a client if needed.
- Access-rule based client management (Netkey+ only): Allow/deny rules by client ID, computer name, user name, and IP address or IP range. Maximum number of sessions [per client] can be specified.
- Waiting lists: In case the maximum license number is exceeded, the server program manages a waiting list. The client receives a message with its number in the waiting queue, and the application software pops up as soon as its license becomes available.
- Time-out: The idle time of each user is recorded by the server program. A time-out for inactive licenses can be specified: in case there is a waiting list, a client for which the idle time exceeds the time-out value will lose its license in favor of the first in the waiting list.
- Maximum usage limit: The usage time by each client is recorded by the server program. A maximum usage time can be specified: in case there is a waiting list, a client for which the usage time exceeds the maximum usage time will loose its license in favor of the first in the waiting list.
- Messaging: The server can send messages to any or all active clients, for example in case the server will be shut down or if a client will be disconnected.
- Usage statistics: The server program records every usage of each client. This allows the global load of the network application and the relative usage of each client computer to be calculated for any time interval.
The network software is available for any number of licenses. Contact us for a quote.