Advanced Fingerprinting and MALDI Training Workshop
The advanced fingerprinting and MALDI training workshop focuses on handling spectral data and performing advanced analyses on all fingerprint data in the software package BioNumerics. The participants get a good overview of the possibilities in the BioNumerics software package through numerous hands-on demos and exercises.
- Preprocessing options: import of Maldi-tof data, finding optimal settings for background removal, curve smoothing and peak detection, and summarizing of technical replicates.
- Cluster analysis of banding patterns: available similarity coefficients, when to select a band-based or a curve-based coefficient, tree degeneracies and how to handle them, combining the results of two experiments, etc.
- Peak matching analysis: options for creating global peak matchings, management of peak classes and export of obtained peak matching tables, etc.
- Dimensioning techniques: calculating a principal components analysis (PCA) and discriminant analysis (DA) on band matching tables as an alternative for hierarchical cluster analysis.
- Biomarker detection: detecting putative biomarkers in the Matrix Mining and using these to build identification projects.
The Workshop Notes include color-printed hand-outs of all the lectures and tutorials of the demonstrations and exercises.
The general workshop is two days on Wednesday and Thursday. Optionally, you can register for an extra Analysis day on Friday from 9:00h till 13:00h to work with specialized staff from Applied Maths on your own data and analysis requirements. Lunch is included at 13:00h.
The workshop will be held at the "Communication Loft" in Gent (Sint-Denijslaan 489, Gent). The registration cost per person for the general two-days workshop, including 2 lunches and one evening dinner is 995 Euro (excl. VAT*). The cost for the Analysis day on Friday is 345 Euro (excl. VAT*).
Applied Maths can make hotel reservations (NH Hotel Gent Sint Pieters). The room rate is 97 Euro for a single room and 112 Euro for a double room, including breakfast and wireless Internet in room. In addition a city tax of 3 Euro will be charged per person per night. The hotel is located at less than 10 minutes walking from the railway station. Bus transport from the hotel to the workshop facility and back is provided by Applied Maths.
Customers as well as non-customers who are interested in learning more about the analysis of Maldi-tof data using our software are invited to attend this workshop. The number of participants is limited to 24 for the general workshop. To guarantee the quality and efficiency of the analysis day, a maximum of 8 participants can be accommodated on Friday. In case the workshop is fully booked, the date of registration together with prepayment will be decisive. Applied Maths reserves the right to cancel this workshop up to one month before the scheduled date in case of insufficient response.
A basic knowledge of the BioNumerics software or familiarity with the applications covered is presumed. For a more general introduction to the use of BioNumerics, we refer to our Basic Workshops, which are organized several times per year. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to obtain more information.
(*) For Belgian customers 21% VAT will be applied. For other customers within the EU please provide the VAT registration number of your organization to be exempted from paying the VAT. Federal and local taxes may apply for non-EU customers.
Date: Jun 14th to 16th, 2017
Location: Gent, BELGIUM